Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Valentine's Day Poem


Carrying Eve

By Mila D. Aguilar

Carrying Eve
In the womb of my mind
Four decades
As I ran through 
My country of birth 
And choice
To taste of 
The Tree of Knowledge,
I finally encountered
The Tree of Life
Tall and imposing
Majestic to my
Nubile mind
Without question
My best decision.

My retroverted
Womb
That had gone through
Twelve hours of labor
And then wanted no more
That had gone through
Month after month
Of blood and pain
And then wanted no more
Had to be cleaned out after.

And now, following
Two decades and three
In the Lord and country
Of my choice,
It has been cleaned out
Again, as if there were
Not enough of
Rasping away
At Eve's sin.
I want no more of it.
I wish to be
A resurrected body
Neutered by my God
Living, eating, drinking
Among you all
Husbanded by no one
But my heavenly
Redeemer.



February 14, 2013
2:58 - 3:27 pm

No comments: